Thursday, June 12, 2008

How To Clean My Mizuno Volleyball Shoes

The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery


proposed by Marie-Claire " A gallop "

She offers macaroons with raspberry in a rustle of silk paper

She speaks longingly of the delicate Japanese cuisine and sweets so comforting.

Presentation Editor
"My name is Renee, I'm fifty-four years and I am the caretaker of 7 rue de Grenelle, a stately building. I am a widow, a small, ugly, plump I have onions and feet, according to some self-bothersome morning, a breath of a mammoth. But Above all, I'm so true to the image we have of that janitors would not come to the idea of person I am more literate than all those rich enough. My name is Paloma, I'm twelve years old, I live at 7 rue de Grenelle in an apartment for the rich. But for a very long time, I know the final destination is the fishbowl, emptiness and absurdity of adult existence. How do I know? It happens that I am very intelligent. Exceptionally intelligent, well. That's why I made my decision: at the end of this school year, the day of my thirteen years, I kill myself. Source Amazone.com

Author Biography
Muriel Barbery was born in 1969. The Elegance of the Hedgehog is his second novel. The precedent, a delicacy, is translated into twelve languages. Source Amazone.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment